Red Cross Blood Drive
This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. (John 15:13 - The Message)
What better way to put your life down for others than to lay down for an hour and give a unit of blood!?
Walk-ins are welcome or you may schedule an appointment to give blood. Go to redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: springarbor or call 1-800-733-2767.
Make sure to bring ID and be well hydrated.
For a positive donation experience think about the following suggestions:
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods, such as spinach, red meat, fish, poultry, beans, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before.
- Drink extra water before you come.
- Eat a healthy meal before trying to donate.. Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, french fries and ice cream. Fatty foods can affect blood tests that are given before you make your donation.
- If you are a platelet donor, remember that you need to be aspirin free for two days before your donation.
- Don’t forget to bring your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of ID.
Save a Life – Give Blood!